Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. ~ Mark Twain


I've come to realize...
...I am not indispensable.


I've come to realize...
...my 'job' has priceless benefits.

I've come to realize that when I'm driving...
...I'm wishing I was doing something else.

I've come to realize that I need...
...to ask for help more often.

I've come to realize I have lost...
...the desire to impress people.

I've come to realize that I hate it when...
...people won't let me finish what I want to say.

I've come to realize that money...
...is something I'll never have a lot of.

I've come to realize that people...
...care for me more than I ever dreamed.

I've come to realize that I'll always be...
...a person who feels too deeply and rarely ever reveals it to the outside world.

I've come to realize that my mom...
...was greatly misunderstood by me.

I've come to realize when I woke up this morning...
...I felt blessed to awaken to another day.

I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep...
...I felt no fear of the future.

I've come to realize that right now I'm thinking about...
...where I fit into the scheme of things.

I've come to realize that my Dad...
...was a much deeper man than I thought he was.

I've come to realize that today...
...is one day closer to my grandsons growing up and away from needing me.

I've come to realize that tonite...
...I am mentally fatigued.

I've come to realize that tomorrow...
...might not arrive.

I've come to realize that I really want to...
...make some kind of mark in this world with my writing.

I've come to realize that Life...
...is something I truly do enjoy living.

I've come to realize the best thing to do when I'm upset...
...is to face what's upsetting me and resolve it before it consumes me.

I've come to realize my friends...
...are a vital part of my existence.

I've come to realize this year...
...is as full of the unknown as any other year and not to sweat it.

I've come to realize...
...I truly do love the woman I've become.

8 comments:

Midlife Jobhunter said...

...I truly do love the woman I've become.

Good for you! Enjoyed this entire post, but love the last line the best.

Danielle Says Hello said...

What great thoughts!!! You are a great writer and inspiration.

Betty said...

What a great ending to your realizations! If you are happy with yourself, you can be happy with everyone else.

Anita said...

I agree with Midlife Jobhunter - loving the woman you've become is the best!

Jeanie said...

A lot of wisdom resulting in a wise conclusion.

lakeviewer said...

Yeah! Right answer! You are the winner.

Ciara said...

Wonderful words!

I am not sure I am yet at the place where I have come to realize the truth of so many important things, but I do look forward to it!

See you there!

Anita said...

So well said, and I too love the way you ended, realizing you love the woman you've become..........what a lovely and warm acceptance.

Have a wonderful weekend Kris!