Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am never bored anywhere: being bored is an insult to oneself. ~ Jules Renard


These questions all come from "My Little Life", a blog I stumbled across this evening...one of the rare times I've found lately to just roam around the internet. (Dear Hubby is out of town for the weekend.) Since I still feel like writing but don't feel like doing another real entry, I thought I'd tackle these for the fun of it:


What is better, growing old without money or dying young and wealthy? Definitely growing old without money. I've never had much my entire life. Enough to get by and to supply what we need but that's about it. If I'd died young and rich I'd never had the amazing experience of being a grandmother, and I can't even imagine that now.


Who takes out the garbage at your house? I usually do. Having grown up in a house as the only girl with 3 brothers, 'gender' chores were never an issue. I was told I could do whatever the boys could. I did. I still do. Doesn't bother me in the least.


Have you ever had the same dream many times? No. Not even twice that I can remember. I've had dreams that follow a theme, so to speak, about school or whatever. But it always seems to be a different school, different age groups.


Can you play a musical instrument? Nope. I took about two weeks' worth of clarinet lessons when I was 10. I knew from the moment we met, my clarinet and I were not destined to be best buddies. Blech.


If you owned your own store, what would you sell? Books, books, and more books!


What is the one thing that you reach for the most in a day (excluding phones and computers)? Baby Wipes.


What kind of cell phone do you have? Love it or hate it? Just a plain-Jane T-Mobile cell phone. I hardly ever use it except to call my son's cell phone because his is a Washington State number and is long distance on our land line. I am not a lover of technology. Outside of my computer, that is.


Coke or Pepsi? I hardly ever drink pop, but it's Diet Pepsi when I do.


If you could go back and change anything about your wedding day, what would it be and why? If I'd known we were going to so spontaneously get married two weeks after I'd already spent my vacation, I would've waited and had two weeks for a honeymoon and setting up our household. Instead, we had a 3-day weekend at the beach.


What phrase, or phrases, do you say a lot (holy cow, geez, seriously?) "You dirty bird!" when I'm really upset. Otherwise, "Do you need to go poopy?" "Kisses are better!" "Don't bite your brother!" "Both ways, all ways!" at every intersection the grandboys and I come to.

Swimming: Are you a kamikaze off the boat, take the plunge from the deep end, or a gradual, slow submersion from the shore or shallow end kind of person? I'm a never-go-in-over-my-head kind of swimmer. I swim great on my back but can't do much more than dog paddle otherwise.


Have any tattoos? If not, what would you get? Nope, and I'd never get one, either. Doesn't interest me in the least.


What is your favorite tree? Pink Dogwood


Two pronged question: What is your favorite non-physical thing about your spouse? What is your favorite physical thing about your spouse? His sense of humor is my favorite non-physical attraction. Even in the most dire moments, he can come up with something that will spiral us into fits of laughter. I have two favorite physical attributes and can't choose which I love more, his incredibly penetrating eyes or his beautiful hands.

No comments: