Monday, January 4, 2010

The Power of Prayer


I was just over reading at my friend Dori's blog and read about this darling little baby who is desperately ill. I'm hoping she doesn't mind that I printed his photo here, but I know I have many Christian friends who stop by here and I would love to have you pray for him and his family. Putting a face to this prayer request will help 'personalize' it. I will leave them anonymous, but since Christmas I have several other friends I would love to have you pray for as well who are going thru physical trials. God is an amazing God and I know He still hears and answers prayers. God bless you.
Dori posted this update: "Brandon had a good night. He nursed this morning...alert and active. Blood culture came back clean--no infection to be found in his blood. Doctor informed them that it'll probably be another 24 hours before they get the fever under control. Head of pediatric infectious disease at the Medical College of Virginia is looking after him. He's in good hands...physical and spiritual. Thank you all for the prayers and positive thoughts! Someone's listening."
Thank you, all my wonderful bloggy friends. I knew I could count on you!

7 comments:

Donna said...

You got it.

Dori said...

I started crying all over again when his picture popped up here. This tiny little child sure has a lot of people praying! Thank you!

As of this morning...his blood culture is clean--blood infection is gone. He had a fever spike last night but they got it down to 100...he managed a decent night (which means Mommy slept as well). Fever was up again this morning, but he's nursing and awake. He has a head ultrasound scheduled today just to check for swelling.

Judy said...

Praying...

Teresa said...

Hi there,
I would like to invite you and your readers to NanaHood (www.nanahood.com) to participate in Less of Me Month. If you would help me get the word out about this project by writing about it on your blog I would really appreciate it! Teresa

Loretta said...

This is what my granddaughter had at two weeks old. It caused a stroke, and she has problems that will be lifelong. I am praying extra hard!

4evergapeach said...

I will add this little one to my prayer list. He is precious! I believe in prayer and miracles!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!