Betty says I should link to the Random Dozen but I'm too lazy and time constricted to do so when I do these at 4 in the morning. So I just snitch them from her and let it go at that:
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient? I am an excellent patient, I really am. Especially in hospitals. My Mom said something to me when I was a little girl about how nurses hate complainers and when I got around to having babies not to be a wimp and cry and moan. So when I went in to have my first baby, not even a whimper escaped me. One nurse came in and stood stroking my hair at one point and told me, "Honey, it's ok to make some noise if you feel like it, you know." Nope, not me. Once an obedient child, forever an obedient child.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction? When I had kids at home it was lovely! It meant we ALL got to stay in and sleep late, in the years I was a SAHM...which were quite a few of them.
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve? I'm going to say ironing. Well, mending, too. I do neither. Honestly. Dear Hubby's gotten quite proficient at sewing on buttons and mending tears in his hunting clothes.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? Nada. I barely get anything up for Christmas.
5. What song is on your mind today? I just got up 45 minutes ago and spent the first half hour reading my Bible. I'm not awake enough for songs yet.
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic? CLASSICS!! We just watched Gary Cooper in "Sergeant York" on Saturday and it was such an excellent movie!
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room. I am very good at focusing on a lot of things at once. The only thing that overwhelms me is if 3 or 4 people are talking to me at once and needing me for 3 or 4 separate things...ie. Dear Hubby and the grandboys all needing something and clamoring at me from 3 different directions.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.) His deep, piercing, mysterious dark brown eyes.
9. When was the last time your heart raced? When I woke up from a disturbing dream.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school? The year I got a BIG beautiful, frilly obviously special card some boy picked out for me and gave to me anonymously. I think I was in 4th grade. To this day I haven't figured out who gave it to me.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?Chocolate...preferably with caramel or nougat filling.
12. Red or pink? Red.