A long week. Not a bad one, just a lot of stuff going on in the background here at home that hasn't made its way to the blog screen. Suffice it to say I've got an awful lot on my mind. Again, nothing bad...just some things that need a lot of careful thought and prayer. I am too tired, too fragmented, to think of anything original this evening so I've done a meme, for what it's worth:
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow? Yes, to both
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are? Yes, amazingly, I do know where most of them are.
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time? Maybe a few minutes early but basically on time. Having been a person who didn't learn to drive until Dear Hubby taught me at the age of 20 I either rode my 10-speed bike or walked. I had to depend on a lot of people for rides to work especially. Because people were invariably late, lateness is one of my worst pet peeves in others. A 4 o'clock appointment? It means 4 o'clock, not 4:25. If I tell you dinner will be served at 6 pm, dinner will be served at 6 pm. Argggghhhh. What's so hard about that?! One thing that cracks me up about several people in the congregation at our church is the fact that the same ones, over and over and over again fo years, show up 5 minutes late...they come wandering in to find their accustomed pews. Why not leave home 5 minutes earlier?!? It just drives. me. nuts.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type? Most definitely California. And I'm not talking LA-hip...I'm talking nature/beach/laid-back sun-loving California.
5. Do you have a special ring tone? Our cell was set by our daughter so what we have is her doing, mostly. As Plain Jane as we could get it. To this day I still prefer the old-fashioned 'bringggggg'.
6. What is your favorite type of chip? I like a rice chip made with sea salt I get in the Natural Food aisle. Couldn't tell you what they taste like but they're the crunchiest things I've ever had and that's why I love them. With no sense of taste, texture is just about everything in food. And sea salt is so much better for us.
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is .... "Harvey" with James Stewart. What a classic.
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? Yes, my bangs many times and I've even whacked at the sides of it. But Dear Hubby's been the one to trim up the rest of it for me.
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self? House. I'm pretty comfortable with how I look. I've never been a beauty, I never will be. But our house? It is 98 years old and as soon as we get one thing fixed something else falls to pieces. I'd like custom remodeling but I'd do the decorating. I like my eclectic way of throwing stuff together and having it come out as my own.
10. Are you allergic to anything? Yes, nuts and cottonwood trees.
11. Why is it so hard to change? I'd say 100% of the time it's caused by fear of the unknown.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic. Make sure you like who you fall in love with. Love mellows with time...lust and passion, too. If that's all you based your relationship on you're going to be mighty disappointed a few years down the line. But if you appreciate your mate as a person and a friend as well, therein lies the keys to building a rich life together.