Friday, February 19, 2010

Thank You Notes

Dear So and So...

I had so much fun with this the last time I think I'll do it again:

Dear Dear Hubby,

Thanks so much for warning me when the alarm went off at 3:15 am that you'd spilled orange juice all over the kitchen floor around midnite. You did try to clean it up, bless your flu-addled brain. I am thankful for that. Much better cleaning up that than vomit. Any day.

Love,
Your sympathetic Tutz

------------------------------------------

Dear Dylan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to 'sweep' the dining room carpet with one of the vacuum cleaner tools and gathering up all of Grandma's fallen-out hair. We had quite a collection to toss out in to the front flowerbed for the birds to use in their nests, didn't we?

Making life easier for God's little creatures (and thinking maybe I better buy a wig) ,
Grandma

---------------------------------------

Dear makers of OraJel,

After this past weekend when an impacted wisdom tooth went ballistic on my daughter, we're informing you that we're going to buy stock in your company. Lots of stock!

Never been a gambler but thinking maybe this is the jackpot,
Lucky Seven MissKris

-------------------------------------

Dear Sunshine,

It's so nice to have you back! Please hang around until everyone's done with the flu so I can get out and enjoy you!

Seriously lacking in Vitamin D,
Your biggest fan

-------------------------------------

Dear Cooper,

Thank you for learning to say, "I love you". Can't tell you what it means to have both of my grandsons saying it to me now. They're words I'll savor the rest of my life.

Love you too, Coopy.

Grandma

9 comments:

Judy said...

Kris, I just LOVE your thank-you notes!

Keep 'em coming!

bettyl said...

Such a fun post! I can see where that can be therapeutic!

Miss Angie said...

I hope the sun stays around more often too! It's freezing here and I wish it would warm up!

Thanks for letting me read!

Betty said...

Awe! Sounds like a very thankful week! :)

Dori said...

These are so sweet, Kris!

My 2-year-old has started saying "I love you" and it just melts my heart! That and when she told me yesterday (pre-dawn) that I was boo-ti-fue...so precious!

ModernMom said...

Oh I love these Thank You notes! I do Passive Agressive Letters, yours are far more positive and light:) So glad I stumbled across your blog!

Kat said...

I just said "awww bless" outloud about your husband. Men when they are sick are completely pathetic aren't they (kind of like a soaking wet/muddy puppy dog).

Jeanie said...

I love your positive spin on "Dear So and So".

Bridget Locke said...

You need to make this a regular feature. They both crack me up and make me go AHHHH! Hope you're feeling better. No more ickies! *hugs*