Friday, February 19, 2010

Why I am a GOOD blogger...




There's so much negativity out there in the blogosphere at times. We bloggers are our own harshest critics, don't you think? Maybe you're like me...I fluctuate from feeling great about my writing abilities one day, only to be in the pit of despair the next. I dunno why. I've heard of menopausal mood swings -- something I really don't deal with much being post-menopausal in my own life now -- but I think bloggers suffer from mood swings that rival the dipsy-doodle ups and downs of the biggest roller coasters in the world. Creative angst mood swings is what I call them. I'm good. I'm bad. I'm mediocre. I once had a commenter say that it was ridiculous for me to blog because I led such a "boring and paltry life". You would've thought that comment would've stopped me in my tracks and caused me to take a shotgun to my computer, then hightail it to the nearest cave, never to show my face again. But oh well. One thing about me, it takes a lot to knock the wind out of my sails.


I read an interesting blog entry this morning about this very subject at "3 Bedroom Bungalow". I'm a fairly new reader at her site but I find her blog very honest, funny, insightful, and entertaining. When I read this around 4 o'clock this morning I think I left her a comment telling her that her post inspired me to write what I'm writing now...I think it's high time we put a positive spin on it. I put a Post-It note on my computer monitor after I left her blog that says, "Why I'm a GOOD Blogger!" just to keep me focused. I've thought a lot about it all day.


I am a good blogger because I love what I'm doing!!!!!!!


Isn't that what it all boils down to? I mean, let's be real here. Yeah, we love comments. We hate to have to reciprocate and feel guilty if we don't. Some days we're in the mood to write. Some days we're not. Some of my own favorite posts have been virtually ignored by my readers. Some of my least favorite have ignited all kinds of comments. Go figure.


But I love what I'm doing!!!!!!


And THAT is why I'm a good blogger.

3 comments:

Betty said...

I love what I´m doing too! Sometimes too much....(as it´s always a good excuse not to do housework). :)
But if anyone would have told me that (which you mentioned) in the comments, I would seriously be doubting myself. I´m glad you are such a strong person and able to brush it off. I do enjoy coming here and don´t think your life is boring at all!

Gramma Bitsy said...

And that's the best reason to keep writing. I was always told to do what you love for a living and it wouldn't seem like work. I wasn't that lucky. But my late husband claimed he never worked a day in his life. He got paid for doing what he would have done for free.

KEEP ON WRITING!

Patricia Rockwell said...

Just posted on a similar idea. A recent study found that older bloggers were more negative than younger bloggers. Can that be true? I visit lots of blogs written by older people and they seem to me to be in general very positive.