Wednesday, March 10, 2010

12 More...


1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? Am I the only woman in the world who prefers going barefoot? I have 3 pairs of shoes...walking shoes, a pair of dress shoes for church and special occasions, and slides. The dress shoes are probably 5 years old. Still look brand-new because they see regular use -- just not hard use. I go thru walking shoes on a regular basis.


2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety? I rarely ever buy them because I hardly ever see Girl Scouts selling them...maybe I miss their fundraising times of year or shop way too early? I usually do my grocery shopping at 7 in the morning. Anyway, this year I did come across some and bought a box of the mints. This came after hearing of a bunch of Girl Scouts whose money box had been stolen from them in front of a store! Now, how low is that?! Rotten thieves!


3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to? Nope, and I'm not the least bit interested in learning.


4. Were you a responsible child/teenager? Way, way, way too responsible. Sometimes I wonder how I survived my teen years with my marbles still intact. In some ways, I didn't. I suffered an emotional breakdown at the age of 18 that I had to work thru all on my own. I guess I could've ended up resenting all the angst in those years for the rest of my life, but I put it all to practical use and learned many valuable life lessons from them. Most importantly, to try to let my own children enjoy their youth as much as they wanted to.


5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see? None. And I don't even know who won.


6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself? I worked in hospitals for several years so hospitals, doctors, procedures don't intimidate me in the least. Either way, having procedures done or watching them being done doesn't bother me at all.


7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? Saturday. Even tho I'm rarely alone, it is the one day of the week totally my own.


8. Do you miss anyone right now? Always and forever my beloved Aunt Gin. For someone who wasn't related to me by blood -- she was Dear Hubby's aunt -- we had a special bond like none I've had with anyone else on earth.


9. Do hospitals make you queasy? I pretty much answered this one in #6 but no...they don't make me queasy at all.


10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you. Powell Books here in Portland!


11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items? Campbell's Soup. Outside of Tomato, every other kind I buy is Campbell's. Don't ask me why. If someone blindfolded me and had me taste two different brand soups I probably couldn't tell you which one was which but it's a mental thing. And I say this referring back to when I could taste. Even without the sense of taste it STILL has to be Campbell's!


12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels? You know, neither one is difficult for me. I like honesty, pure and simple, whether it's the getting or the giving. I've had to deliver some pretty hard messages to people and I've received some, too. Just tell me up front. And I find most people appreciate up-front honesty in return.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I´m glad you decided to join the random again. These answers tell me a lot about you and I like that you answer them. Even though we are pretty different in some areas I think it´s great that we still "click". :)

Vanessa Rogers said...

I love being shoeless as well. If I can go without shoes, I will, but I must admit, I have a fair amount of shoes.