Monday, March 8, 2010

Gotta love that George!



A couple of years ago for a Christmas present our son and daughter-in-law bought us a big George Foreman grill. I love it. My only complaint is it's hard to clean but the many great meals I've prepared on it more than make up for it. But, even so, it'd be wonderful if he could design one that's fully immersible.


Dear Hubby and I eat practically no red meat outside of wild game. When we get a hankering for burgers I prepare them with ground turkey. Tho I can hardly remember what turkey tastes like, I do remember it being pretty bland when it came to using it for burgers. But I've come up with what he and our daughter say is a very tasty solution. I use Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki sauce with sesame seeds as a marinade, pouring about 1/4 cup of it onto a pound of thawed ground turkey. Then I mash it all in, mixing it thoroughly, and let it marinate all day. I cook them for approximately 6 minutes on the grill, adding garlic salt and Johnny's seasoning salt to taste - well, what I think would taste good to the other two - then doctor them up on buns just like I would regular beef burgers. They're juicy and tender and very good, from the compliments I've gotten on them. And so much healthier!

3 comments:

Donna said...

My Foreman grill is easy to clean: The plates come off and go into the dishwasher. Then all I have to do is wipe off the outside.

Sandy said...

My father had a Foreman grill. I've never tried one because if I bring one more kitchen gadget into the house, I may have to leave. But you're got me considering.

Kelly @ Impowerage said...

I love our George Foreman grill too but hate cleaning it.

I'll have to try that recipe soon, I try to limit our red meat consumption as well.