Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ouch!


This is not a week worth blogging about so far, outside of yesterday. As I was helping my son take the boys out to the car at the end of the day I misstepped and caught my toe on one of the porch steps, loaded down with Cooper in one arm and the big backpack/diaper bag on the other. I knew I was going down so I tossed the bag off to the side, then tossed Cooper a few feet out of the way just as I was hitting ground. He ended up tumbling over totally unharmed but screaming bloody murder. Me...well, I managed to hit the ground and roll so I was unharmed too outside of some very sore hip muscles on the right side. And bruised dignity. But I was able to get right up. At 56 I'd say that's not too shabby...pays to be in good health and physically fit, I'd say. The muscles? Nothing that some Advil can't take care of.

6 comments:

Donna said...

The older I get, the more concerned I am about falling. And it seems like I have a tendency to fall more often!

Wander to the Wayside said...

At 61, my sense of 'place' has gotten really bad. I had to put a safety bar in the shower for like when I've got my eyes closed, like when washing my hair and leaning my head back, as I feel like I'm going to fall. Don't know what the deal is with that. I've always had trouble tripping over my own feet because I'm pidgeon-toed, so am extra careful when carrying the boys.

Pam said...

Glad you and your grandson are OK.

Joy said...

Quick thinking on the way down. Glad you're okay. I probably would not have fared so well. I had the nickname 'Grace' growing up - and NOT because I was graceful . . .

Vanessa Rogers said...

Wow, I am glad no one was hurt. I fall all the time. And I always have bruises that I have no idea from where they came!

Sandy said...

Sounds like you did a good job of making the fall less of a disaster than it might have been. I fell this week, too! I tripped over a board my husband has in the garage as a stop for my front tire when I drive in. I caught one foot and flew across the garage and landed on a box fan. Like you not much hurt except my pride. Although a nasty bruise on my hip. I picked that board up and brought it into the house and threw it into the fire in the fireplace!