Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Touch of the Green.......


1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason? I like the number 5. I just like the way it looks on a die cube. No particular reason. No special date or anything else it represents for me.


2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you? Maybe a 2? I dunno. I'm very comfortable in my skin but I spend no money on beauty products. I hardly ever get my hair cut. And the amount of time I spend in front of a mirror is just long enough to make sure I look presentable to the outside world.


3. Which of these Irish stereotypes do you identify with most? Proud? Talkative? Inquisitve? Love to party? Hot-tempered? Inquisitve in the sense of wanting to learn information about whatever I'm interested in, not inquisitive in a nosy sort of way.


4. How lucky do you consider yourself? I don't believe luck comes in to it at all. I feel very, very blessed by making wise choices, hard work, and a belief in making the best of all situations.


5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written? I've posted several, but my poetry because they come from the very heart and soul of me.


6. Describe March weather where you live in three words. Very, very unpredictable.


7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery) Oh, very good. I can't stand it, it's so phony.


8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking? I'd say I'm quite green. I do very well with recycling and I'm teaching my grandsons the importance of it, too. I try very hard to use only natural ingredients in my gardening..."Poop tea" is about the best fertilizer out there, and it's all organic.


9. What is your favorite song this week?" "This Old Man" as sung by my grandson Dylan.


10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up? I'll pick up anything. It all goes in the grandboys' piggy bank. I once found a money clip with $10 in it.


11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...." I feel a deep sense of peace.


12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? "Oh, My Papa" by Eddie Fisher.

No comments: