Friday, May 7, 2010

"Halves" -- for my Leenie Beanie, whose photo inspired the poem

(Photo by Leenie)

You show me halves.
Half smiles.
Hints of what lies
half-buried
beneath the surface.
Half truths.
Half lies.
You torment me with
half an answer
and half hours
that
stretch
into eternities.
You hold back half your self.
You don't share.
You don't reveal.
You leave me in
half
shadow.
You are as elusive
as the dark side
of the moon.
There,
but not visible.
There,
but unknown.
There,
and half a world
away.

4 comments:

Jane Doh ! said...

I love you Kris... this is so sweet, so smack in the face confrontational....hehe...I deserve it though, where have I been? I can't tell you for sure.... but I'm back, my love for you has never dwindled and biggest wish is to hug you in person....your not so far away that it's impossible. :).... Going to work on this. I love you so much!!!!

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, stranger. Love this poem. I wrestling with one now who only tells me "halves." Thanks!

Cheryl said...

Saw this on WOW and I'm so glad I stopped by. This is terrific.

Colleen said...

Well done!