Friday, June 4, 2010

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~ Ivy Baker Priest

(Photo by Leenie)


1. I've come to realize that my health......is a precious gift and something never to take for granted.

2. I've come to realize that my job......is one that most people would never want to do, not at my age. And yet, as frustrating as it can be some days, as tired as I am by the time Friday evening rolls around and I know I have a couple of quiet days ahead of me, I can't imagine myself doing anything else.

3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving......I'd really rather be anywhere else but where I am.

4. I've come to realize that I need......to ask for help more often. Since having two surgeries in 2008, I am finding I've lost some of my physical strength that I always took for granted. I can't lift weight like I used to. And opening a jar of pickles has become a challenge!

5. I've come to realize that I have lost......a lot of the magic of my childhood. I wish I'd never gone back to visit my hometown recently, outside of taking my son to see it. There are too many ghosts there now. Too sad.

6. I've come to realize that I hate it when......people won't let me finish a thought without jumping in and talking over me.

7. I've come to realize that when I used to drink to get drunk......I had a lot of inner pains that needed anesthetizing.

8. I've come to realize that money......is something for the here and now. You can't take it with you.

9. I've come to realize that people.......aren't someone you can depend upon much, outside of a few.

10. I've come to realize that I'll always be......different from most of the world around me.

11. I've come to realize that my mom......had so much potential. I find it very sad she never saw it in herself.

12. I've come to realize that my cell phone is......necessary sometimes, but not essential.

13. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning......I felt no back pain.



14. I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep......I pillowed my head without fear.

15. I've come to realize that right now I am thinking about......nothing much. My brain is too tired to think tonite. That's why I'm doing this meme.

16. I've come to realize that my Dad......was a lot more complex than I knew.



17. I've come to realize that today......was difficult but I made it to the weekend.

18. I've come to realize that tonight......I miss my estranged brother.

19. I've come to realize that tomorrow I will......not do anything more than I have to. And the sun is supposed to shine. I hope to spend at least a portion of it alone working in the garden.

20. I've come to realize that I really want to......live to see my grandsons reach adulthood.

21. I've come to realize that the person who is most likely to read this will be......someone I don't know in real life.

22.. I've come to realize that life......goes on. And it's up to me to live it to its fullest potential.

23. I've come to realize that this weekend......will be appreciated.

24. I've realized the best music to listen to when I am upset......is quiet.

25. I've come to realize that my friends......ebb and flow with the various cycles of my life.

4 comments:

Betty said...

I liked this meme. Very similar to the one I did Friday. Many of your realizations are mine as well. Friends come and go, and unfortunately there really are few people one can really depend on.
I´m glad you woke with no back pain.
Have a good restful weekend!

Pat said...

This is a great meme--it really gets you thinking. I'm in synch with what you wrote! I'm at the same stage of life, but I'm retired now, though I occasionally am a substitute teacher for my friend.

That corgi :) said...

this was a nice meme to read; I'm sure did take some thought put in when you were doing it, Kris. I can't imagine doing what you do every week with taking care of your grandsons, I don't think I could do it, but definitely a labor of love!!

enjoy your weekend :)

betty

Judy said...

Someday I might have time to do this one.

How long have I known you? And I still keep learning more about you!