Friday, August 13, 2010

If you mess up, 'fess up. ~ Author Unknown



OK. I'm at war. In the flowerbed that runs the length of the east side of our house, someone let their big dog "do his duty" - or hers - right at the edge along the sidewalk. Right next to the carnation plant my grandsons gave to me on Mother's Day. And it was a BIG "duty", left there in all its stinky glory to smother my carnations and attract a multitude of flies on the hot days we're having lately. I. am. not. going. to. touch. it. It's the principle of the thing. It's also against the law here in Portland not to curb your dog. And if I ever catch them letting their dear darling precious substitute-for-a-child dog poop in my yard again, I will 'collect' it. And I will follow them home. And I will, quite unceremoniously dump it on their doorstep. This message is for you, Buster or Busterette. Consider yourself warned.


End of story.

6 comments:

Betty said...

I wasn´t me with my dog! :)

Steadfast Ahoy! said...

Nelson knows better. The other day he was trying like mad to take the position, but the baggie I had purposely brought along had disappeared. I kept dragging him all the way home so he wouldn't leave a poop on someone else's lawn. We stand behind you 100% on this issue. Hope it works!
Rosemary

2 Moms of a Feather...Stick Together said...

Nice sign...
Sad that you had to make the sign.
Go get those irresponsible dog owners
Take care,
Nancy

Pam said...

Love it! Did it work? Around here I've seen a metal lawn ornament of a squatting dog with the word NO! written on it planted in several yards. It never fails to make me smile.

Anita said...

It wasn't my dog either!

By the way, you left the wrong link on my post. Go back and put this one because it is worth a read.

Rob-bear said...

I'm well-trained to pick up after my dog.