Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is. ~ Albert Camus


1. Was your dad named after anyone? No, but his name meant "victorious lion". I find that especially funny when it comes to astrological signs because he was a Leo. Since he was born in 1921 I don't think my grandparents named him after astrology, tho!


2. What do you think is the minimal age to get married? That soooooooooo depends on the couple who are thinking about getting married. My Dear Hubby and I were 21 and 20. Just a couple of wild, carefree kids. We waited a couple of years before we brought kids into the picture, tho. We still had some growing up to do ourselves, and we had SO much fun together those first couple of years. But the majority of marriages don't make it any more, do they? Does anyone even bother? So many of today's young seem to just wander from one relationship to another. If most of them are the children of divorce, can we blame them?


3. What’s the longest time that you‘ve been involved with the same person? Well, that depends on what kind of 'involvement' you're talking about. For a personal relationship I've been with Dear Hubby for 36 years. For a friendship, my best friend Lizzee and I have been together since 1967.


4. What actor/actress do you consider hot at the moment? Because at the age of 80 he still looks remarkably great, my vote goes for Clint Eastwood!!!


5. What is you favorite album by a band? "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay


6. What is your favorite album by an individual artist? "Bare" by Annie Lennox


7. What is something that you‘d rather be a bit dirty? Because I spend the majority of my time barefoot, by the end of summer my feet are SO calloused! I don't mind them being a little bit dirty.


8. What was the last TV show that you watched? I'm not going to count tonite's local news. It would have to be an episode of "House Hunters International" I had taped on the DVR.


9. How many people have you met from the blogosphere? Who are they? I haven't met any face-to-face if that's what you're asking here. In the past when I had tons of pen pals thru the years I did meet some of them. Some experiences were great, others disasters. So that makes me a little gun shy about meeting people.


10. What's your philosophy on life? To live in the moment. I've had a lot of roller coaster moments in my life since 1999. They have taught me to try and savor each day to its fullest, to be content with what I have and who I am, to count my blessings, and especially to stop and smell the roses.


11. Do you think prescription drugs are over prescribed? Yes.


12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest? I think most secrets are more destructive than the truth. Depending on how damaging it could be to you to know the secret, I would really pray about how to break the news to you, to seek wisdom and grace before the revelation.


13. What is your favorite memory in the last year? I couldn't even begin to limit it to just one.


14. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Rollo candies that I put in the freezer, then savor them as they melt in my mouth. It's not one I indulge very often but maybe once a year I just HAVE to. What's so strange is, without a sense of taste now, I can't even taste them! But I love the melting gooey quality of them in my mouth.


15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you: I can wiggle my eyeballs rapidly from side-to-side.


16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' malarky) - what are they? The first would be to live long enough to see my grandsons grow to adulthood. The second would be to have decent health until I die so I can still get around on my own. And, three, never to be a burden to my children.


17. Who would you want to get together with and make a cake? My grandsons are a blast to cook with, so probably them.


18. Which country is your spiritual home? Heaven, in the azure above.


19. What is your big weakness? Not asking for help when I need it. It was so deeply ingrained in me as a child that I could do anything my brothers could do, that being a girl was no excuse for being a 'sissy', that I have always been independent to a fault.


20. Do you think Judd Corizan is a good person? I don't have a clue who Judd Corizan is.


21. What was your best/favorite subject at school? English


22. Describe your accent: Very 'homogenous' as far as American accents go. Tho my New England relatives tell me I say my "R's" very hard. But they don't say them at all. Here in the Pacific Northwest we basically sound like your everyday bland newscasters.


23. If you could change anything about yourself, would you? I would be more affectionate.


24. What do you wear to sleep? Saggy-baggy, comfortable old sleep shirts


25. What is your favorite casual outfit to wear? Capris/jeans with a knit t-shirt.


26. Do you use cigarettes or alcohol? Never


27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? (If you have no idea, just say something crazy, it'll entertain me!) If it was you, the one who wrote these questions, who had only one day to live, I don't know what you'd do. But if it was me, I'd spend it making sure I knew I was going to make it to heaven.


28. Rate the memes that you play generally. Use any scale or just in order. I don't get into the habit of doing them a lot, tho if I find one that I think will give my grandsons insight into who I am - when and if they read all this jabber someday - then I'll do it. I can't really rate them. I've come across some bloggers whose whole blogs are nothing but Monday-thru-Sunday memes and I stay away from those. Why even blog if you can't come up with any original content? I thought that was the whole idea behind it.

3 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Thank you for welcoming me to Oregon. I'm loving it and the adventure that I'm on. I'm not giving in to fear but loving the anticipation of what's to come.

I loved reading through your blog. You have beautiful grandbabies. None for me as of yet and not for awhile but I have my four legged furbabies to spoil rotten.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Betty said...

I need to be more affectionate too. I´m not a big "hugger". It´s good getting to know you better with these questions.
I sometimes feel I do too many meme´s, but I try not to do more than one a week.

Rob-bear said...

Thank you for sharing some more of yourself with us.