Monday, November 8, 2010

If you want to be happy, be. ~ Leo Tolstoy



Just so you know, I haven't abandoned my blog. A week ago my security was breached on Facebook and I think whoever or whatever did that really played a stinkeroony on my computer. It has taken on a life and a mind of its own ever since. In fact, I DID write a blog entry Saturday evening, only to have it disappear when I clicked on it to publish it. But it didn't disturb me too much. There really wasn't much on there to get excited about. Just another item to put on my "Why I HATE Technology" list.



Ha. Ha. Ha.



I am waiting to hear back from her but I have a fairly new bloggy buddy named Simone who recently moved to the Portland area from southern California. We have Anita to thank for bringing Simone to my attention. She's a mutual blog friend who emailed me a while back and told me she had a blog friend moving to my area...maybe I could go make a comment and welcome her? So I did, right when Simone was 'in transit' on her way moving here. We connected and we've been getting acquainted thru our blogs as well as on Facebook. We've decided it's time to meet each other so I'm hoping it will work out this coming Saturday. I left her a message telling her I'd like to take her out to breakfast. I wrote the message about half an hour ago, around 4 am, so I'm thinking it'll be a while before she reads it. Especially with her living in my city and my time zone, ha!



I am just killing it on my new exercise bike. I'm trying to ride every single day or at least 5 days per week. I'm already feeling like 1/2 an hour isn't enough so I'm upping it to 45 minutes tomorrow morning. I can't get up any earlier than 2:30 so what's going to happen is I'm going to have to cut in to my early-morning computer time. Since this is my main time on this machine I don't really like to do that...but I am feeling sooooooooooooooooooooooo good getting back in to a daily exercise routine it's definitely worth the sacrifice. You can not believe how much it has helped the arthritis in my hips and lower back. Now I get up out of bed, instead of creep/roll by inches out of bed. That in itself is worth it all.



My daughter is going to see if a techie-savvy friend of a friend can clean up my computer for me and put Windows 7 on it, too, so if I disappear for a week or so in the near future don't think too much about it. On top of my post disappearing, after I'd answered an email and clicked on it to delete it, every email in my Inbox disappeared right along with it. Nowhere to be found. Not even in my Deleted file. Browsing is a joke...everything moves sooooooooooooo slowly. Time to do some major housecleaning, I'm thinking.



Bah.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Do you have an anti-virus, and do you keep it updated?

Betty said...

I was just going to ask what Donna said. Maybe your daughter should install a good anti virus program too.
I hate a slow computer!
Have a good week Kris!

Pam said...

I hope you get to meet up with your new bloggy friend. How exciting!

Good luck with your computer issues. I have to agree with the other commenters - a virus protection program is well worth the money. And having a computer geek in your back pocket is essential! LOL!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm so excited about getting together with you. Yes, we can browse Goodwill. I love that store. Even if I don't buy anything, I still like browsing. I think it's just the curiosity in me.