Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves. ~ Lynn Hall



I seem to be caught in a state of limbo lately. I've got a lot on my mind...a lot...and nothing I can write about right now. So my mind is full of static and focusing on much more than the task at hand is beyond me. I'm not one who functions well in this capacity. I like things smooth and predictable. No rocking the boat. No decision-making. Just a peaceful boat ride on a placid lake. But how often does that happen in life?


Dylan was home all last week with a nasty cold and Cooper had pneumonia so we were all just about stir crazy by the time they went home Friday evening. We all agreed Dylan could go back to preschool on Monday. Monday afternoon he complained of having a sore throat. Yesterday by 10:30 he was crying and asking to go home so he could sleep in his own bed...he was sooooo tired, he told me. Cooper was tired enough too that I decided on an early nap for them and it didn't take long for them to both fall asleep. Dylan slept for three hours and Cooper for 2 1/2. When Dylan did finally get up he laid on the couch and didn't want to move...he had a headache and told me he hurt all over. I know when I put him on the bed for his nap he'd complained of being cold and when I felt his hands and feet they were all like ice so I lay down with him and snuggled up close until he was warm. So....no field trip for him to Trader Joe's today. His class is going there for a tour of the store and then to purchase food for their Harvest Feast on Friday. The children are going to prepare all the food. I'll see how he's feeling by then. I'm going to be spending Thursday nite thru Monday morning in Vancouver at their house while my son and daughter-in-law are out-of-town for the weekend so I don't know if I want to drive all the way to preschool from there or not.


That's one thing that's always irked me, tho. People sending their sick children to school or day care of Sunday School. The germs just pass around and around and around. When I dropped Dylan off on Monday kids were coughing...runny noses were everywhere. I don't understand it. If a child is sick, keep them HOME!


And that is my rant for the day.


I got on my bike this morning and got so lost in pedaling and listening to music I was stunned to find out when I got off and turned lights on that I'd ridden for 65 minutes. Where does the time go when you're having fun?

3 comments:

Betty said...

I hope Dylan is feeling better soon! And that you can enjoy the weekend that you stay with them.
I guess not everyone has such a great MIL to leave their kids at, when they are sick.

Rob-bear said...

So sorry toe hear your little guys are doing poorly. NO FUN FOR ANYONE. Maybe next week will be a different story.

What a great grandma you are!

Anita said...

I rode my bike on Saturday. Just left the husband and three kids and went!
And like you, I felt SO good! I hope to have more good weather days and ride some more.