Saturday, November 5, 2011

Transition: n. 1. change or passage from one state or stage to another

I have an ongoing love affair with words.  I have been trying to share that love affair with others since I was 8 years old.  My second grade teacher tacked up a poem on the bulletin board that I'd written about having the measles.  And it was also that year when I got my very first pen pal.  I even remember her name:  Cathy from Buffalo, New York.  That led to many more poems, many more pen pals, and yesterday without realizing it, I'd hit another milestone on my blog.  A milestone to me, anyway.

My 1,100th entry!

It's taken me a while to get from 1000 to 1100.  A lot of changes in this past year that have happened at whirl wind speed.  But I keep plugging along.  I should go back and read the last 100 posts but I'll save that for another day.  I'm too busy living it right now.

6 comments:

Happy Kid City said...

I love hearing stories of teachers inspiring kids! I had the same type of experience in second grade. My teacher took a story that I had written and tacked it to the wall with the words, "well done!" written on it in red pen. That was all it took... I have been a writer for over 30 years because of that little bit of encouragement.

Rob-bear said...

Oh, wow; 1,100! Awesome.

When the first humans were dismissed from the Garden of Eden, the man turned to his wife and said, "My dear, we are living in an era of transition."

In some ways, nothing has changed since.

Betty said...

I´m kind of in a blogrut right now. Nothing to write about. So 1100 is very impressive to me. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kris that is great, congrats! I'm sure there are plenty more yet!Looking forward to them.

Have a blessed week.
Jean

LC said...

Thank you for continuing to share your love of words with us! Wishing you the best on your next 1,100 posts!

Abby said...

Wow, congratulations! I arrived here from Anita's "beyond the diapers..." Nice blog, I'll be back!