Sunday, October 26, 2008

How Good are You?





I'm doing this a bit backwards because I'm supposed to wait until question 4, I think it is, to take this quiz. But bear with my techie dumb-dumb-ness...I get things really fouled up if I try to insert stuff in to my entries. So the results of my test are here, then I'll post the questions and answers:



You are 88% Good




You are not only a good person... you are a model citizen and a natural leader.
Whether you know it or not, your high moral standards and good judgment is truly rare.
You don't take ethical short cuts in life. You are able to do what's right - even when it's very difficult.
And while it may seem like no one else is as on track as you are, take heart in knowing that you set a good example for others.
You are also probably: Very sensitive and in tune with the world
Right now you are on track to being: A saint
To be a better person: Gently mentor someone who is taking the wrong path in life




I got this over at "Just Me's" blog and she'd gotten it from here



1. When was the last time you donated money to a charity, and which cause was it? I donated $25 to the Red Cross after the hurricanes. So fairly recently.


2. Think of the last time you were specifically asked for a handout from someone who approached you on the street: did you give him or her anything? We have a lot of panhandlers on Portland's downtown streets. I haven't been downtown for a long time, but I usually hand out $1 to anyone who approaches me if I have any money on me. Even tho I'm usually pretty sure they'll spend it on booze or drugs, I still think of the scripture talking about "entertaining angels unawares." I don't want to fail that test.


3. What led to that decision? Who wants to encourage children to beg? I do like to help out anyone in need. But sending children out to beg is despicable. Just like sending them in to stores to shoplift. The parents who do that don't deserve children.


4. Take the quiz: How Good Are You? My results are up above.

5. Which kind of charity/organization of the following list are you least likely to donate money to: a church, a people-oriented charity, a children-oriented charity, an animal-oriented charity, a college, or a food bank? A College


6. If you could permanently block a single, specific charity from ever contacting you again, which would you block and why? It isn't a 'charity' but I'd block the NRA. Even tho I agree with the freedom to have firearms, they send SO MUCH JUNK, always asking for money. I've gotten to the point - well, I've been at this point for the past few years - of just chucking whatever they send into the recycling bin.

No comments: