Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where I'm From



I've been challenged by Donna to do this. I've done it a couple of times in the past but I'm sure I can come up with some different answers:

Where I'm From


I am from Little League games, from Black Jack gum and Silly Putty.
I am from the big brown house on the corner, from trailing ivy, and swinging bridges over the river.
I am from setting out cookies for Santa and 'bed bouncers', from Christina and Minnie and a name that translates into birch trees.

I am from the practical Yanks and the stubborn Swedes.

From "Use it up and wear it out. Make it do or do without" and "You can do it."

I am from disenchanted Methodists, who left the church because "things happen".
I'm from 'the Harbor', from corned beef and cabbage and leg of mutton.
From the Post War New England newlyweds who 'emigrated' to the Pacific Northwest, the sister of three, the good girl.
I am from family Bibles, treasured books, WWII war photos, a cigar box full of old photos, and too many family members lost to eternity in photos with no names.