Thursday, September 16, 2010

Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping. ~ Bo Derek

4-year-old Dylan is becoming a computer whiz. I have two of his favorite sites on my Favorites bar for him -- the PBS Games and Disney Pixar Cars from the "Cars" movie that has pictures and names of all the "Cars" characters. He has most of them memorized. He also wants all of them for Christmas. I have found a wonderful way to keep him occupied, adding and subtracting cars to his Christmas List. I showed him how to add cars to his 'cart' and how to remove them, then how to back-arrow to the main page so he can browse some more. Yesterday his list was up to $1,779. Today, as I closed down the site after he left for home, it was down to $1,278. What a shopper! Good thing I haven't shown him how to use my debit card.

And, no....he isn't getting every "Car" for Christmas. Fat chance.

5 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Good grief! You've turned that darling boy into a "consumer." I hope his parents survive what grandma has taught him!

Unknown said...

That's a great idea! He's going to love being able to shop and buy one of these day, when he figures out how to use your credit card.

Donna. W said...

It's amazing how these kids catch on to computers. Dylan will be teaching you stuff by the time he's 7. About computers, I mean; I'm sure he's already taught you plenty about other things. Kids tend to do that.

Anita said...

Hope your card info isn't save in the site because if he hits the wrong key, you're in trouble! lol

Glad he's having fun dreaming and imagining. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having a ton of fun with the grandkids. I taught my visiting 9 month old to eat liver! Grannies are good for lots of cool stuff, don't you agree?
Rosemary