Friday, November 12, 2010

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~ Berthold Auerbach


One of my beautiful boys.

Doesn't he look peaceful?


I'm not sure if this is going to be short or long tonite. I am beyond tired. A full week inside the house with two sick boys. Cabin fever central. I am sooooooooooo looking forward to tomorrow morning. Once I get my detested grocery shopping done I'm meeting a bloggy friend for breakfast and then we may do some retail -- or is that resale? -- therapy at a Goodwill store near the restaurant. I need some adult time, some 'girl' time. I think Simone's going to be the perfect lady to do that with.


Dear Hubby heard on the radio or the news recently that women who exercise aerobically for 30 minutes every day have a better chance of not getting breast cancer. Well, since I'm pretty fond of "The Girls" I'm giving it my best shot. When I first got my exercise bike two weeks ago I started out M/W/F and then on Saturday and Sunday. After hearing that about breast cancer I have ridden my bike every day this week so far, upping my time to 45 minutes. I'm getting the 'old' me back! Firming up everywhere. Feeling good everywhere. Especially in my head. There is something about doing something only for yourself that really makes you feel good. It is MY time. Everyone's asleep. No lights on in the house, just me and music and motion.


Speaking of music, my daughter came up with a brilliant idea. She called me on her way home from work and asked me if I'd like her to pick up a iPod for my bike riding. In years past when I had an old Walkman headset I'd recorded a tape with 45 minutes of music on each side...one day I'd listen to one side, the next day I'd flip it over and listen to that one. Worked out perfect and I'd know when I came to the end of the tape I'd put in my time. She picked one up at Walmart for me and then helped me get iTunes downloaded on to my computer. So now I'm busy thinking about music and downloading all kinds of it to shuffle around every day. What I love is it's so tiny! I can clip it to my shirt and not have to worry about walking away from the bike without remembering to remove my headphones that are connected to my discman. I had a Swede moment this morning and did that and my discman crashed to the cement floor. Not a good thing. It didn't break it but one or two more crashes like that and it will.


As much as I'd love to write and write and write tonite I am just not up to it. The sleepies are claiming me quickly so before I slip into writing nothing but nonsense I'm hanging it up and heading for bed.

5 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm really hoping that you will inspire me to get back into working out. I need a swift kick in the pants!

Looking forward to breakfast and retail therapy tomorrow!

See you soon!

Betty said...

I feel even more guilty reading this. I´ve been really slacking off in the exercise dept. It´s not that I don´t have time, I just don´t LIKE it! But I know it´s good for me. Hopefully I´ll get back into it, after reading this.
Have a good weekend Kris!

Pam said...

Good for you for not only sticking to your new exercise routine, but actually kicking it up a notch. Enjoy your new iPod and the unending variety of music affordable by the "shuffle" feature.

LC said...

You go girl! And hope your retail therapy proves effective!

Rob-bear said...

I hope that today was liberating, in many ways, and has produced a healthier and happier you. The most exercise I get is walking the dog. But it is a start.