Saturday, December 31, 2011

Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars. ~ Violeta Parra

You see darkness
where I see Light.
You resist change
and I embrace it.
You see despair
where I see hope.
You cope
and I thrive.
You feel emptiness
where I am filled to overflowing.
You lack faith
and I believe.
You tell me my life is a pipe dream.
I tell you I have found joy.
You tell me you pity me
and I tell you 
you don't know what you are missing.
 Your eyes are filled with deep sadness
but mine shine with an inner
peace
I would share with you
But you are steeped in misery.
As I passed by 
You shut the door 
and wouldn't let 
me in.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each one has a journey to take...we do not all leave the train station at the same time, nor do we all arrive at our destination together...take hope...this life seems made up of waiting...maybe more love is needed...

MissKris said...

I wrote this poem last nite while thinking about people's reactions when I first became a Christian, especially the ones near and dear to me who balked at the great change in my life that the experience brought forth. As time has gone on, those who resisted the most made their own peace with God. But I'm thinking this poem defines what I went thru in the beginning quite well. It was a very lonely walk for a long time.

Anonymous said...

The faith journey certainly is very lonely at times!! And kin especially are difficult, we have found...they do not like us to change, even if the change is positive...human nature apparently.

Abby said...

Very nice and uplifting. What a wonderful thing to come across at the start of a new year! Happy 2012 to you and the family!