Saturday, April 12, 2008

Back from the Never Never




Well, let's see just how far I get here today. I can already tell it's going to be slow and tedious by the amount of times I've hit the Back Space key in the little bit I've typed already, ha! For one, I'm using my daughter's lap top...for another, I'm loaded to the gills on narcotics. Whatever the outcome, it'll be posted no matter how it turns out because:



I'M HERE! I'M ALIVE! I'M DOING GREAT!



I won't bore you with all the surgical details. Suffice it to say the operation went splendidly. I went home 24 hours after I got out of the operating room. Oh, and from the time I entered PreOp and got weighed there to 2 days later when I weighed myself at home, I dropped 14 pounds. Just like that! I have some really nifty laparascopic photos my doctor took while she was "inside" showing my large intestines, one of my ovaries, a fallopian tube, and one very soggy-boggy sad-looking uterus. I could tell it was big and heavy and needing to come out...I think 10 pounds of my weight loss happened as soon as it 'vacated' the premises, haha! Kaitlin and Dear Hubby are spoiling me rotten...Little Miss Chloe dog rarely leaves my side. Even when I go to the bathroom, she usually follows and curls up on the bath mat at my feet until I'm 'done'. I think the little pooper loves me. I can honestly say that, compared to the vertical c-section I had when I gave birth to my 12-pound son almost 30 years ago, this has been a piece of cake.



I am so humbled and so grateful for all of your prayers. Your kind thoughts. Your cards. Your emails. Phone calls. I never realized just how many friends I really do have on this old ball of mud...in real life and in cyberspace. The outpouring has been mind-blowing to me! And don't let anyone ever tell you that prayer isn't heard or answered. I'm living proof of the fact that yes, it is! The peace that came in on the day of my last uterine hemorrhage when I asked the Lord to give me the grace to face whatever was ahead has been with me thru it all and still sustains me even now as I recuperate.



Each day I feel stronger. Each day there's less discomfort. All I have left to show I had any surgery at all are two tiny incisions on each side of my belly where my ovaries were taken out. Another incision in my belly button --- ewwwwwwwwwwww! I don't even want to think about that one, it makes me so weak to the knees. But I had 3 small bandaids for "surgical dressings". Imagine that.



Oh, and when Dear Hubby came to pick me up at the hospital Tuesday morning, the first thing he said to me was, "I should've brought along your keyboard!" I looked at him like he'd lost his marbles and said, "What?!" He started to chuckle and said, "You don't remember, do you?" I shook my head no. He told me when they'd first brought me back from Recovery and I was drifiting in and out, all of a sudden I started mumbling about my keyboard...and my fingers were moving like I was typing! I told him I dreamt I was writing! He said he'd sure wished he'd had a real keyboard with him then to slip under my fingers so I could've typed what I'd been thinking right then. Now, that would've been a true entry from the land of Never Never!

8 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Im so glad youre okay Miss Kris. The silver lining behind so many clouds can be found in weightloss! LOL
Now you take care of yourself and get well.

Loretta said...

I am so glad you are up to bloging. Wonderfull to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, fabulous and SO glad for you!! Got a card ready to send you today...so will get it sent when I get to town next. Glad things have gone so well...cannot imagine going home SO SOON!!
Elizabeth

Judy said...

So thankful it's over!

Rest. Rest. Rest.

You have two grandsons now, you WILL need that energy!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I am thankful you are home and well!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you are well. I always come check on you here. Take care of yourself and get better quickly!

Liz Hinds said...

What wonderful news! And such progress you've made so quickly. God is good.

Now you let them take care of you for a good while yet! Concentrate on getting 100%.

xx

Travelin'Oma said...

Congratulations on being on the other side of your mountain! I hope you get stronger and feel better every day.